SkateWorks - Replacing Hockey Skate Blades
Under what circumstances should I consider replacing my skate blades?
1. Player or goalie blade or blades
1. Broken blade or blades
2. Cracked blade or blades
3. Excess wear on blade or blades. Blades should be replaced if they are lower than 3/8” at the ball of foot center or heal center.
4. Significantly bent blade
5. Pitted Blade or blades
6. Deep gouge in blade taking blade height after sharpening to below 3/8”
7. Customer wants new blades
8. Customer wants upgraded blades
9. Customer has changed holder to a different manufacturer